Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The river will always flow


I’ve been called many things. I’m sure that most of them are true. One, however, that I don’t agree with is accusations that I’m someone who takes people for granted.
I’m not sure what happened there. People have apologized to me for taking me for granted. Not once. Not twice. But several times. So when this accusation comes to me, I am surprised. Hurt even.
A friend told me that I’m like a flowing river. I have the rocks, but I choose to break my pace at weaker stones. Maybe I’ve been doing that all my life. Maybe it’s necessary to find the rocks that will halt my flow. Maybe it’s time that I go by what I feel about myself and not what others feel about me. And the best thing is that the river will always flow.

1 comment:

  1. It's always better to be who you want to be. People tell us the right way to be in order to be a good person or live a good life, but who sets these ideals and what gives one person the right to be correct about it? Where's the guidebook? Being a good friend/person is subjective. Being the best you can is the best way to go. Always. What you feel about who you are matters more than trying to mold yourself into what others want you to be. That's just weak, how are you ever your own person then? And how can you tell who you really are if you keep changing according to the company you keep? Be you. It's enough for those who are worth it.

    ReplyDelete