Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What an Idea

So I was in Pune yesterday and I came across the most interesting sight that I have ever seen.
I was sitting in a rickshaw where my driver was savouring a kulfi. His cell phone rings and he answers it by putting on a pair of earmuffs in 35 degrees Celsius, attaching the phone and talking.
I call it ingenius.
Pity that I didn't have a cell phone on me.
Inventing ideas is brilliant. Executing them is genius. You just need the right platform and the right team leaders to get you going. I have that at my current workplace. Thank god for that.
Ideas are many. Democritus, the ancient Greek thinking thought of the concept of atoms and space before they were even discovered. He said, "By convention, there is sweetness. By convention, there is bitterness, but in reality, there only exists atoms and space."
A few centuries later, two men: one a chemist and the other a physicist sat in their university cafetaria to discuss how life can be found in one cell. James Watson and Francis Crick won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry a few years later.
The rickshaw driver's earmuff idea was brilliant, even though I laughed about it when I saw it for the first time. I hear and see ideas around me everyday. I have ideas everyday. They keep me going. I know that they may never win me a Nobel, but they're an idea nonetheless
I say get ideas, keep thinking and move on. It's better than assuming, getting mind fucked and staying back.

No comments:

Post a Comment