Friday, August 12, 2011

Doggie Days

Some recent study said that man's new best friend is the gadget.
I think that the survey is full of shit.
If you own a dog, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Books come a close second, but that is for another blog post.
I've had two dogs in my life. They've been part of my life for the last nine years.
Nothing can beat a dog's company.
You can tell them about your day, knowing that sit in judgment of you if you fucked up.
They sense when you're down. They come to you and comfort you.
They give you an ego boost.
They give you unconditional love.
Sure there are the downsides: they snarl at you when they're sleeping and you try and wake them up. They snarl at you when you mention the word 'bath' or 'walk'. They piss you off when they want attention. It's like they burn you with their look.
But despite all that, it's good to have a dog.
Rani, my dog turns 8 on Monday. If I made her life into a movie, it would be a comedy. My sister and I make jokes about her weight and the number of necks she has. Rani gives us a look to shut us up and it usually works.
She understands us. She swears at us. And unfortunately, we don't understand her at all, except for the swear words.

4 comments:

  1. haha well put! i know,there's nothing like a dog.. :) Happy bornday Rani love! (in advance!!) good job,Jaya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! soo cute! I wanna meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. That should be funny. She hates strangers :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I want a dog with several necks too!

    ReplyDelete